Thursday, June 3, 2010

Purpose

Our Purpose is to have joy and Return to God, Pretty sweet and simple.
In the Book of Mormon Lehi is teaching his family about Adam and Eve. In around the middle of the Chapter he states a powerfully simple statement.


2 Nephi 2:25
Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy.


Adam the first man made it so we could be here to figure out life and have Joy. Real Joy and Happiness comes from keeping the commandments of God.

By keeping the commandments of God it prepares us to meet him again. There are a few verses in the Bible that speak of a life before this one, the one I am thinking of is in Ecclesiastes, a few Chapters earlier the preacher talks of a time and season. Now he speaks of Return, I like his word use.

Ecclesiastes 12:7
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

I am excited to meet with the God who gave me life.

1 comment:

  1. Mosiah 2:41

    And Moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of neverending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.

    I figure that as I do my very best each day to keep God's commandments, that the above promised blessings will be fulfilled; for God does not lie. I too am excited to meet with the God who gave me life.

    Julie Fallon

    ReplyDelete